This project aimed both to decrease the prevalence of severe obstetric haemorrhage and to improve management when it occurs. The five steps of the project were the following:
- Description of current level of agreement and actual clinical practice.
- Establishment of European guidelines.
- Randomised trial of effectiveness of routine measurement of blood loss with graduated collector sac.
- Internet consensus and early warning list for professionals.
- Internet platform for women and families to gain information and exchange experiences.
The Euphrates website for professionals can be found at http://www.euphrates.inserm.fr/
This website has been written for Euphrates by Miranda Dodwell and Rod Gibson.